top of page

As we are aware, many staff may be planning to travel during the summer months.  We want to remind staff of our YCCAC Preparedness and Response Plan regarding travel.  The current full version of the plan can be found on the bb under the Coronavirus Info tab.  The guidelines from the plan for travel are included below.

 YCCAC Preparedness and Response Plan for COVID-19 Version: July 7, 2020

The purpose of this plan is to prepare and respond to possible COVID-19 cases or a COVID-19 pandemic in Southern Maine or contiguous areas.  The Plan reflects our strong concern for the health and safety of our patients, clients and, of course, our staff.  The Plan is informed by local, state, and federal health and program area authorities, which are the source of the latest information and most up to date guidance on preparedness and response.  This Plan will be updated as needed.

Staff who travel

i. Practices governing staff travel are based on current CDC Guidance:
     1. Staff who travel to another state outside of  Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, New Jersey or New York or who have plans to travel to another state, should report those plans to HR.
     2. Staff may return to work after completing travel after either: a. signing and submitting a certificate of compliance to Human Resources that they have received a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of their return to Maine, or b. quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Maine.  Employees permitted to telework from home prior to traveling may continue to do so during this quarantine period.
     3. As is the case with any staff who have symptoms of COVID-19, staff who have traveled outside of Maine should go home, contact their medical professional, and let HR know.

ii. Staff who travel outside of the United States should report those plans to HR.  Return to work practices in those cases will be based on Maine and US CDC guidance for the country(ies) in question. 

iii. Travel for work: consult with your supervisor before scheduling travel for work outside of NNE.  

bottom of page