Head Start/Early Head Start
Do you have a passion to make a difference while positively impacting the lives of young children and their families?
Why join our team:
“Head Start really does make a difference in our community. I see it impact families directly. It has impacted me; it has made a difference in my life. Where else can you be greeted with smiles and hugs on a daily basis? It’s fantastic!” – Early Childhood Education Coordinator
We partner with families of young children (zero to five) in York County to offer a comprehensive program that includes education, health and well-being.
We value our positive team environment by:
• Encouraging open communication and ongoing supervision
• Providing thorough orientation and training
• Supporting growth opportunities with financial funding
What we offer:
• Health, dental, vision and life insurance
• Retirement benefits and match
• Health Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Accounts
• Paid time off and holidays
• Employee Assistance Program
• School year schedule including school breaks
• Educational assistance
• $600 additional monthly compensation thru December 2022
About this position:
• Location: Biddeford
• Schedule: Monday-Friday, 40 hours/38 weeks – 27.5 hours/10weeks
This position provides vision and leadership to the assigned site staff by creating a positive, welcoming, safe environment where Head Start and Early Head Start children and families can thrive. The Center Manager provides support, mentoring, training and technical assistance to staff in collaboration with the ECE Manager and other members of the Education Team. This includes but is not limited to curriculum implementation, lesson plans, individualizing, classroom environments and developmentally appropriate teaching practices.
Educational Requirements & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
• Must possess and be able to demonstrate effective management and leadership skills and be willing to participate in job related training. Must have at least five years related experience as a supervisor or manager.
• Must be or become CLASS Certified Observer and maintain the certification.
• Provides leadership, supervision and guidance in ensuring full implementation of Head Start Performance Standards, licensing regulations and program/agency’s policies and procedures.
• Participates in monitoring, reporting, program’s self-assessment, planning and decision making.
• Oversees and conducts management of assigned building/classroom and related budgets for team meetings, activities and materials.
• Coordinates and attends case management, team and building meetings and activities. Attends all debriefing meetings related to monitoring results and classroom observations.
• Initiates, nurtures and maintains linkages with community partners in our client-centered environment.
• Meets monthly with the assigned staff for supervision and keeps up-to-date supervisory documentation.
Interested applicants must submit a letter of intent to Sally Langlois, HR Staffing Coordinator, by no later than Wednesday May 11, 2022.
Your HR Team,