MDOL Warns Public of Texting, Telegram, and Social Media Scams
The Maine Department of Labor is warning the public of scammer's attempts to phish individuals personal information via social media platforms and text messages. Scammers are creating social media pages and accounts on direct message apps such as Telegram to mimic the Maine Department of Labors and are asking people to direct message them via these fake pages for unemployment help. The Department is working with social media platforms to remove the fake pages as they pop up.
For Facebook users, look for the Departments verified blue checkmark. The Maine Department of Labor will never ask for sensitive information via social media or direct messenger.
Scammers are also texting the public asking them to click links for information about their unemployment benefits. The Maine Department of Labor does not conduct business via text.
The Department is asking the public stay vigilant, never share personal information through social media or text, and to report fake social media pages immediately.
There is also a link on the homepage to an online form to report ID theft as an individual or employer:
We are asking if any staff member receives any form of correspondence from the Maine Department of Labor Unemployment Office, to include actual benefits and they did not file a claim, please contact Jeannine Kirven in HR at Jeannine.email@example.com or 324-5762 Ext. 2956 immediately. Do not respond to texts which include links for information about unemployment benefits.
We also want to remind all YCCAC staff that our Anthem Employee Assistance Program offers free Identity Monitoring Protection to employees and their family.
We encourage staff to be proactive and to utilize this free benefit. Employees must login to the EAP to enroll. The instructions are below as well as the information regarding this protection. Please contact HR if you have any questions or need assistance enrolling.
To enroll, visit :
2. Login: Company ID: MMEHT
3. Click on ID Monitoring
4. Follow the prompts which are provided below
Your benefit includes FREE identity monitoring and theft resolution services through our partner, IDNotify.
HOW TO REGISTER -
Please complete all fields.
1. This service is FREE; you will not be prompted to provide your credit card information for payment for this service. However, you will have to add information for credit cards you wish to have monitored (optional).
3. You will have an option to provide additional data to be monitored after the initial registration page. To add elements, click "Add," provide the information, then click “Click to save for monitoring." Click "Continue" at the bottom of the page once done.
4. You can add children to be monitored on the "Add Children" page. It is not required that you add children at that point. You will be able to add them later. Click "Continue" at the bottom of the page to proceed.
5. To ensure that newly registered users receive e-mails, please add the mail domain "@mail.idnotify.com" to your approved sender list.
6. If you would like to register your spouse, please select the appropriate link below and repeat steps 2 to 5.
7. Your account does not expire and you are not required to re-register or renew it.
If you do not receive a welcome e-mail from IDNotify, please check your junk folder or click here.
Full-service Identity Restoration supports members in restoring their identity in the event their identity is compromised. If your identity is stolen — or even if you suspect it may have been stolen — you'll work with an Identity Restoration specialist. IDnotify customer care team is available 24/7/365, with robust knowledge in both credit and non-credit restoration, with CITRMS (Certified Identity Theft Risk Management Specialist), FCRA, and FACTA certifications.
Your IDnotify specialist will help you determine if an identity theft event has occurred and guide you through any necessary restoration activities.
We may assist you with the following activities:
• Contact your issuer or banking institution
• Review your credit report for indications of identity theft
• Place a fraud alert or security freeze with the three credit bureaus
Bilingual specialists, multilingual and hearing-impaired services are offered 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Limited Power of Attorney is provided so that the specialist assigned to your case can truly complete all restoration activities on your behalf.